Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Introductory Post

I've been a music fan for as long as I can remember, and one of the things I've enjoyed most is collecting LPs, CDs, MP3s, etc.

My tastes tend to run a bit outside the mainstream, hence much of what I have in my collection or am currently seeking is either out of print or only sporadically in print.

From time to time I'll share some of what I have from my collection. Much of the focus will be those hard-to-find jazz recordings that I'd love to turn others onto, as well as some other recordings from punk/hardcore, industrial, and underground rap genres.

The primary purpose of this blog is to share and promote some really cool music. If you find that something has suddenly been reissued and you really dig it, do the artists or their estates a favor and buy it.

A note about the files: much of what I'll be sharing are recordings that I've found on mp3 format via peer-to-peer networks. Some files will have been ripped from lp, whereas others will have been ripped from cd. I'll try to note the origins of the recordings as well as I can. I myself have not ripped anything from vinyl - those folks who've done the work of doing so deserve a huge debt of gratitude from the rest of us. I will occasionally rip something from cd to share.